“I want to feel all there is to feel, he thought. Let me feel tired, now, let me feel tired. I mustn't forget, I'm alive, I know I'm alive, I mustn't forget it tonight or tomorrow or the day after that.”
-Ray Bradbury, Dandelion Wine

Pages

Friday, November 30, 2012

Anything But Typical by Nara Raleigh Baskin


Anything but Typical details the life and struggles of Jason Blake. Jason, we find out,  has been diagnosed as autistic. Jason tries desperately to make life easier for his parents and teachers, but things seem to keep going wrong. Jason loves his computer and especially his time on the Storyboard website, a place for writing stories and fan-fiction. When Jason starts exchanging messages with a girl his age, he thinks he has finally found a real friend, but chaos is always right around the corner.
            This is a great novel for people who are trying to better understand what it is like to be autistic. The reader is privy to Jason’s candid thoughts and feelings, making the mystery of autism a little more understandable. This novel is well written and entertaining; you really get a feel for the characters and what they are going through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment